Please note: Our Capitol and District summer internships are currently full, but we are accepting internship applications for Fall and Winter 2023.
One of the best ways to learn the inner workings of government and your community is through a State Assembly internship. Assemblymember Alex Lee is looking for bright, self-motivated, energetic individuals who are interested in learning the dynamics of working in a legislative office.
As an intern you will provide support to staff with legislation, events, constituent services, and special projects. We accommodate interns with a flexible schedule; nevertheless we ask for a minimum of ten hours per week. The office will work with applicants who are requesting to receive undergraduate or graduate credit. Internship terms will be determined based on availability and needs of the capitol or district office.
- Engage with constituents via telephone or in-person
- Assist with data entry
- Respond to constituent requests
- Assist with constituent casework
- Work with staff on special projects and assignments
- Attend events
- Perform outreach to community leaders, constituents, and interest groups
- Other miscellaneous tasks, as required
We are seeking candidates with a strong interest in public policy, community organizing, writing, political science, economics, communications, public relations or a similar area of study. Applicants with these areas of interest will find the State Assembly internship a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
- Interest in local and State issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Assist in research and planning of upcoming events and projects
- Research issues in response to community inquiries
- Assist with office procedures, routine correspondence, telephone inquiries and special projects
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial
|Internship Application PDF|
Please complete the internship application and email your resume to the district or capitol office staff.
For a District Office internship application, please contact:
1313 N. Milpitas Blvd Suite #255
Milpitas, Ca 95035
Tel: (408) 262-2501
Fax: (408) 262-2512
For an internship in the Capitol Office, contact:
1021 O Street, Room 6330
Sacramento, CA 95814
Tel: (916) 319-2024
Fax: (916) 319-2124