EDD Assistance Form

Please read the below notice before filling out the web form.

Important Update on Pending Payments: Was the date that you first applied for Unemployment one year ago? If so, you must re-apply.

If you filed for Unemployment Insurance and your 2020-21 benefit year has expired, you must file a new claim to continue receiving benefits. If you received an extension, but your benefit year has expired, you must file a new claim.

How to reapply:

Filing online is the quickest way to re-apply. EDD has told us that if your online application goes smoothly and you receive a claim verification number, you should be eligible to receive benefits within 2-3 weeks of re-applying.

Your UI Online homepage will have a button that says re-apply for benefits or refile a claim.

More information on the EDD FAQs page: https://edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm

If you are unable to file online, the best way to receive immediate assistance is to call the EDD. Our staff do not have access to the EDD system nor are we able to process or file claims, but you may be able to reach an EDD representative who can when you call.

Here are tips on how to call EDD:

  • EDD phone numbers 1-833-978-2511 and 1-800-300-5616 go to the same call center
  • Monday – Sunday between 8am and 8pm PST (before or at 8 am, 10:15/10:30am or closer to 6/7pm seem to be best times). 
  • Press 1 during the 1st recording, then press 2, then press 4 to get through to an EDD rep
  • Persistence is key when calling EDD. You may get a message that your call cannot be completed at this time. Hang up and try again. It may take some time and dialing to get connected to someone who is able to help you
  • Please note that it is taking at least 3 weeks to process and pay when you file a new claim if your benefit year has expired and EDD staff cannot help accelerate this process.  But if it has been over 3 weeks since you applied, and you are asking when your claim will be paid and/or your claim payments on that new claim are still pending a week or two after certifying, you can ask if the EDD representative answering the call is a Tier 2 representative and that person should be able to help. 

Troubleshooting other issues:

  • Here are tips on completing ID.Me
    • Upload the appropriate identity documents and photos online. Please make sure the entire document is visible without any obstructions and that the information is legible.
    • If you are having trouble uploading files, consider using another internet browser or device.
  • If you have filed a new claim and are still missing payments
    • You can check the date your claim was initially filed on your UI Online homepage under Benefit Year on the right side of your Claim Summary. Your issue might be that there is a gap between when your old benefit year ended and when your new year begins.
    • To backdate your claim, go to https://askedd.edd.ca.gov/, click on the Category “Unemployment Insurance Benefits,” then click on the Subcategory “Claim Questions,” then select the Topic “Backdate the Effective Date of my Claim Due to COVID-19” and click “Continue” to fill out claim information and type “Backdate my claim to mm/dd/yyyy” in the space provided for the new claim to start immediately after the previous claim’s ending date.

If you have attempted the above steps and have not gotten a response from EDD after two weeks of calling EDD, please fill out the form below. A member of our staff will follow-up with you for more information.

* Having trouble with the form? If the form does not submit then you have not filled out all of the required boxes.


Assistance Form
Contact Information
What is your issue?
Have you certified for ALL weeks pending of benefits?
Have you contacted another elected official?

Please carefully read the following:
By completing this form, I am requesting the Office of Assemblymember Berman (the “Assemblymember”) to assist me in working with the Employment Development Department (EDD) on my claim. I acknowledge that this may require the release of information contained in my records the dissemination of which may be prohibited by law. Therefore, I hereby authorize EDD and the Assemblymember to share all relevant portions of my records with each other, and to discuss matters relating to those records and my claim, until my claim is resolved.
I agree that I will not submit any personal identifiable information through this form that is not specifically requested. If the Assemblymember’s office needs additional information, such as my EDD number, the office will contact me to request that information.

Lea atentamente lo siguiente:
Al completar este formulario, solicito a la Oficina de la Asambleísta Berman (la "Asambleísta") que me ayude a trabajar con el Departamento de Desarrollo Laboral (EDD por sus siglas en inglés) en mi reclamo. Reconozco que esto puede requerir la divulgación de información contenida en mis registros cual la divulgación puede estar prohibida por ley. Por lo tanto, autorizo a EDD y al Asambleísta a compartir todas las partes relevantes de mis registros y a discutir asuntos relacionados con esos registros y mi reclamo, hasta que se resuelva mi reclamo.
Acepto que no enviaré ninguna información de identificación personal a través de este formulario que no se solicite específicamente. Si la oficina del Asambleísta necesita información adicional, como mi número de EDD, la oficina se comunicará conmigo para solicitar esa información.

Zip code entered is outside of the District. Please use the Find Your Rep webpage to find your District Representatives.