District Office Internships
One of the best ways to learn about your community and state government is through a California State Assembly internship. Assemblymember Marc Berman seeks bright, self-motivated, and energetic individuals for his District Office in Los Altos.
We can accommodate interns with flexible schedules. Our office will work with applicants who request to receive undergraduate or graduate credit. Internship terms will be determined based on availability and needs of the District Office.
- Engage with constituents via telephone or in-person
- Research and respond to constituent requests and inquiries
- Assist with constituent casework
- Assist with data entry
- Work with staff with special projects and assignments
- Attend events
- Perform outreach to community leaders, constituents, and interest groups
- Assist in research and planning of upcoming events
- Other miscellaneous tasks, as needed
Candidates with a strong interest in public policy, community organizing, writing, political science, economics, communications, public relations or a similar area of study are preferred. Applicants with these interests will find a California State Assembly internship a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in second language is beneficial
To apply for a summer internship, please email a cover letter and resume to Ruth Ferguson by Monday, March 16, 2020. We are not accepting winter or spring interns at this time.
Questions? Call the District Office at (650) 691-2121.